Prep and cook time: About 30 minutes preparation time. About 1 hour wait time while dough is refrigerated and resting.
Two hours of chilling time for the filling. 15 minutes baking time for the crust.
15 - 30 minutes cooling time for the crust.
Makes: 6 - 8 servings
1 cup flour
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 Tbsp. water
1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut
butter in the flour mixture. Add the water the mixture. Toss with a fork until moistened.
Shape crust dough into a ball and refrigerate for one hour. Roll out dough into a 12
inch circle. Press dough evenly onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool the crust completely on a wire rack.
(No cook) Cream Cheese Filling:
8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup drained yogurt cheese
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly chopped spearmint
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a mixing bowl, blend the above ingredients until smooth. Chill covered for a couple of
hours or until ready to fill the tart shell.
2. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over the tart shell.
Berries and Glace':
2-3 cups mixed Oregon berries, either Marionberries, blueberries, Boysenberries or if in season, blackberries.
1/4 cup Seedless Blackberry , Oregon Huckleberry or Oregon Salal Berry jam.
1. Arrange fresh berries on top the creme filling.
2. Heat the blackberry, huckleberry or salal jam in a small saucepan until melted to make the glace'.
Cool the berry jam glace' and then drizzle over the fruit.
3. Remove the tart from the tart pan, and serve immediately.
*NOTE: This recipe can be used with your selection of berries or fresh fruit such as peaches, apricots.