6 servings Ingredients: 2 1/2 qt Water 4 Veal bones 1 Ham bone Salt 1 Generous pinch of saffron threads 3 tbl. Olive oil 4 oz Salt pork 4 oz Peeled, chopped onions 1/2 Stewing chicken, bite-sized pieces 1/2 lb. Veal, bite-sized pieces 1/2 lb. Potatoes 1 medium Leek 5 oz Carrots 4 oz Green cabbage 4 oz Dried Great Northern beans, cooked 4 oz Rice 3 oz Pasta, medium or large (Small pasta like small elbow or conchetti) (NOTE: Oz measurements are by weight.) Method: Make a good broth with the water, veal and ham bones, simmering slowly. When nearly done, add salt to taste and the saffron. Blanch the salt pork to remove the excess salt, then dice. Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the diced salt pork and chopped onions. When the onions begin to brown, add the pieces of chicken and veal and allow to cook slowly. Peel the potatoes, leek and carrots, chop them fairly finely, then add to the skillet with the chicken and veal. Chop the cabbage finely and add to the skillet. Give it all a good stir. Remove the bones from the broth and discard. Empty the contents of the skillet into the broth, then add the beans, rice and pasta. Cook for about 10 - 15 minutes, until the rice and pasta are done, then serve very hot. *Pages, in Catalan, means peasant, rural, or rustic.
Please report any bad links..Thanks, Buzz
• Armenian Recipes • Italian Recipes • Asian Recipes • Mexican Recipes • Greek Recipes • Native American Recipes • North African Cuisine • Soul Food •
• Provencé • Jewish Recipes • Middle Eastern Recipes • Cajun, Creole, & Caribbean • Spain & Portugal • Artichoke Recipes • Aubergine-Eggplant Recipes •
• Secret Recipes • Yogurt Recipes • Dungeness Crab Recipes • Grill & Barbecue Recipes • Vicki's Desserts • Buzz's Bistro •
• Tapas, Mezza, PuPus • Appetizers • Soups & Stews • Salads • Meats • Poultry • Seafood • Beverages & Cocktails • Casseroles and Gratins •
• Rice and Grains • Pasta • Breads • Vegetables • Sauces & Salsas • Condiments • Cooking Hygiene • Food Humor • Home • Guestbook • E-mail • Art Collection•