•Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bottom of a 9 inch diamet4er springform pan with 2 3/4 inch sides. Line pan bottom with parchment paper.
•Using an electric mixer, beat butter in medium bowl until light. Add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until fluffy. Add yolks one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Add flour; mix just until blended. Mix in pecans and chocolate. Using electric mixer with clean & dry beaters, beat egg whites in a large bowl untsil soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; beat until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into yolk mixture in three additions.
•Transfer batter to pan. Bake until tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool on rack 15 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan tso loosen. Release pan sides. Cool.
•5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
•1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
•1 stick unsalted butter
•1 Tbls. light corn syrup
•Combine all ingredients in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Do not allow top pan to touch water. Stir until smooth. Cool until lukewarm but still pourable, about 45 minutes.
•1 cup chilled whipping cream
•3 Tbls. sugar
•1 1/2 Tbls. bourbon
•Combine cream, sugar and bourbon in a medium bowl; beat until stiff peaks form. •Cut cake into three layers. Place bottom layer on plate. Spread half of cream filling on top and place the second layer of cake having two cut sides. Spread the remaining filling over the top and place the remaining layer of cake, cut side down. Slowly pour glaze over cake, allowing some of the glaze to drizzle down the side of the cake.
•Garnish cake with pecan halves and chill until glaze sets.
•12 pecan halves
Please report any bad links..Thanks, Buzz
• Armenian Recipes • Italian Recipes • Asian Recipes • Mexican Recipes • Greek Recipes • Native American Recipes • North African Cuisine • Soul Food •
• Provencé • Jewish Recipes • Middle Eastern Recipes • Cajun, Creole, & Caribbean • Spain & Portugal • Artichoke Recipes • Aubergine-Eggplant Recipes •
• Secret Recipes • Yogurt Recipes • Dungeness Crab Recipes • Grill & Barbecue Recipes • Vicki's Desserts • Buzz's Bistro •
• Tapas, Mezza, PuPus • Appetizers • Soups & Stews • Salads • Meats • Poultry • Seafood • Beverages & Cocktails • Casseroles and Gratins •
• Rice and Grains • Pasta • Breads • Vegetables • Sauces & Salsas • Condiments • Cooking Hygiene • Food Humor • Home • Guestbook • E-mail • Art Collection•