RECIPE FURNISHED BY GRETCHEN INGREDIENTS: Serves 4 Sunflower oil, for deep-frying Plain flour, 125g Baking powder, 1 tsp Thai fish sauce, 2 tbsp Desiccated coconut, 50g Chili powder, 1-2 tbsp Dried Coriander, 1 tbsp Thick cod fillet (skinned), 700g Plain flour (for dusting), 25g Lemon (halved) to serve, 1 lemon METHOD: 1. Fill a medium, heavy-based saucepan two-thirds full with sunflower oil. Heat until a cube of bread browns in 20 seconds. 2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add 175ml cold water and Thai fish sauce and gradually mix together to make a smooth batter. Stir in the coconut, chili powder, and dried coriander. Add 1-2 tbsp of cold water if the batter is a little stiff. 3. Cut the cod into chunky strips, about 2.5cm across. Season with salt, then lightly dust with the flour and shake off the excess. Dip the fish into the batter, then fry in batches (4-5 pieces at a time) for 5 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Lift out and drain briefly on kitchen paper. 4. Divide the cod between 4 serving plates. Serve with lemon halves and some chips and chili sauce, if you like. CHIPS RECIPE Ingredients: Large Potatoes, 4 Vegetable oil for frying Method: 1. Cut potatoes into chunky strips.
2. Fill a saucepan with boiling water, put in the potatoes to boil for about 15 minutes or more. You
want the texture when they are soft enough and about to break.
3. Put the potatoes in a colander to drain and set aside to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Heat a saucepan with vegetable oil for deep frying.
5. When the oil is hot enough, put in the potatoes and fry in batches.
6. When they are brown enough, remove them with a slotted spoon and place them into a large bowl lined with kitchen towels.
7. Repeat with the rest of the batches until finished. 8. Finally, serve the chips with fish, roast chicken, beef, or lamb
Please report any bad links..Thanks, Buzz
Armenian Recipes Italian Recipes Asian Recipes Mexican Recipes Greek Recipes Native American Recipes North African Cuisine Soul Food
Provencι Jewish Recipes Middle Eastern Recipes Cajun, Creole, & Caribbean Spain & Portugal Artichoke Recipes Aubergine-Eggplant Recipes
Secret Recipes Yogurt Recipes Dungeness Crab Recipes Grill & Barbecue Recipes Vicki's Desserts Buzz's Bistro
Tapas, Mezza, PuPus Appetizers Soups & Stews Salads Meats Poultry Seafood Beverages & Cocktails Casseroles and Gratins
Rice and Grains Pasta Breads Vegetables Sauces & Salsas Condiments Cooking Hygiene Food Humor Home Guestbook E-mail Art Collection