To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS, STUFFED WITH RICOTTA CHEESE AND FRIED
Sicilian take on a very popular Italian Appetizer.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
RICOTTA STUFFED ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS
INGREDIENTS FILLING: SERVES 8
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 1 Tablespoon(s) freshly chopped fresh spearmint
• ½ Teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
INGREDIENTS ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS: SERVES 6
• Vegetable oil (for frying)
• 1¼ cups all-purpose flour**SEE COOK'S NOTE**
• 1 Teaspoon(s) salt
• 12 ounce chilled beer, or club soda
• 2 dozen Zucchini blossoms (pistils and/or stamens removed)
• Sea salt to taste for sprinkling after frying
• To fill, combine ricotta, spearmint, and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black
pepper. Using a spoon, fill each blossom with about 1 Tablespoon(s) ricotta mixture.
• In a large pot, heat about 2" oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 350℉. Combine flour and salt
in a medium bowl, then whisk in beer until almost smooth (some small lumps are welcome—don't overwhisk or you'll
deflate the batter). One by one, dredge the blossoms in batter, shaking off the excess; gently lay them in the oil,
without crowding the pan. Cook, flipping once with a slotted spoon, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes total. Transfer
to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve while hot.
1. You can substitute Tempura batter mix for the flour if you prefer. Should make the coating a little lighter.
1. Visit "All you need to know about Zucchini Blossoms" for more information.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved