To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
FRIED ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS STUFFED WITH MOZZARELLA AND ANCHOVIES
The anchovies add a whole new dimension to this wonderful treat.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
MOZZARELLA AND ANCHOVY STUFFED ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● 12 Zucchini blossoms with stems (male) or immature zucchini (female)
● 1 cup diced Mozzarella cheese
● ½ cup all purpose flour
● 1 cup beer
● 1 Teaspoon(s) baking soda
● 1 pinch of sea salt
● Olive oil for frying
● 4 anchovies cur into 1 inch pieces
1. Trim pistils and stems off the flowers, paying extra attention not to break them, they are very delicate. Wash the
blossoms carefully with water and baking soda, rinse with plenty cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Cut the mozzarella in strips and finely chop the anchovies (if you’re using them). Stuff each blossom with some
mozzarella and a dab of anchovy.
3. In a mixing bowl, blend a glass of chilled beer, flour and salt until fluffy and
add a pinch of baking soda for an even lighter batter.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
5. Dip the stuffed flowers in the batter and deep fry them for 2 minutes on each side
in the scalding olive oil.
6. Drain on a paper towel and serve piping hot.
1. Visit "All you need to know about Zucchini Blossoms" for more information.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved