To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
GREEK FRIED ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS STUFFED WITH FETA CHEESE
Zucchini blossoms are usually found in Farmer's Markets, or very high end Supermarkets. Most are found in "home gardens" in areas that have a warm growing season conducive to growing squash. Zucchini is a Summer vegetable with a relatively long and productive growing season. Most home gardeners though seem not to take full advantage of the blossoms and are overwhelmed with fully mature zucchini.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
GREEK FRIED ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS
INGREDIENTS: For 4 servings or 8 as an appetizer
● ˝ cup extra virgin olive oil (Extra virgin because it adds to the flavor)
● 1 egg, beaten
● 1 teaspoon Fenugreek or cumin
● ˝ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
● 1 teaspoon garlic powder
● 1 Tablespoon(s) heavy whipping cream
● 1 Teaspoon(s) baking powder
● 1 cup all purpose flour
● 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into small cubes
● 16 male zucchini blossoms with 1˝ inch stems
1. Lightly beat the egg in a bowl with the garlic powder, Fenugreek or cumin and Cayenne pepper.
2. Add the cream, flour and baking powder and blend with the egg mixture until you have a light batter.
3. Insert a cube of feta cheese**SEE COOK'S NOTE** into each zucchini blossom.
4. Dip the blossoms in the batter, then let excess drip off.
5. Gently twist the top of the coated blossom to seal. (set coated blossoms aside on a plate until all are coated)
6. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
7. Fry zucchini blossoms in the skillet, turning once, until golden brown.
8. Serve hot.
1. Feta cheese should add enough salt to the dish, so if you do add salt, sprinkle sea salt on the fried blossoms
with a light hand.
1. Visit "All you need to know about Zucchini Blossoms" for more information.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved