YAHNI - ARMENIAN DRY BEAN STEW.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6
• 1 cup Northern or large white cannellini beans
• 2 cups water
• 2 yellow onions, chopped
• 2 tomatoes, diced
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• Salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne to taste
1. Wash beans and remove any stones. Cover the beans in water and cook for about and hour. When beans are nearly cooked, saute the chopped onions in some of the olive oil
until they are translucent and limp. Add all of the ingredients except the rest of the olive oil and cook until the beans are cooked but not mushy. Add the rest of the olive oil
• 1/4 cup chopped Armenian or Italian parsley
• 1 tablespooon chopped fresh basil leaves
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
• Serve hot or chill and serve cold.