YELLOW FIN TUNA WITH A NUT CRUST & MANGO SALSA
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6
INGREDIENTS: MANGO SALSA SERVES 6
• 1 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
• 2 mangos, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
• ½ cup orange juice
• 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
• ½ small red onion, finely diced
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
• 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced fine
INGREDIENTS: TO BAKE THE FISH
• 1/2 cup all purpose flour
• 2 large eggs
• 3 cups pistachio nuts or macadamia nuts (ground fine in a food processor)
• 6 6-ounce or 12 3-ounce yellow fin or albacore steaks
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine first 10 ingredients in large bowl and stir to blend. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared one
day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
✚ Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place flour in shallow bowl. Whisk eggs in small bowl to blend. Finely grind nuts in processor. Transfer nuts to another bowl.
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Coat fish with flour. Dip fish into eggs, then macadamia nuts, coating completely. Heat 2
tablespoons oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium heat. Place 3 fillets in each skillet; cook until golden brown,
about 2 minutes per side. Transfer fillets to large baking sheet.
3. Bake fish until just opaque in center, about 7 minutes. Divide salsa among 6 plates. Top with fish and serve.