ARMENIAN TOORSHI 2
INGREDIENTS: Makes 12 Quarts
● 3-4 cauliflowers, broken into small flowerets
● 2 bunches celery, cut in desired lengths
● 3 lbs. carrots, cut in desired lengths
● 3 lbs. green pepper, cut in desired lengths
● small white onions (opt.)
● green tomatoes (opt.)
● green or wax beans (opt.)
● 4-5 hot peppers
● garlic - 2 peeled cloves per quart
● 12 Teaspoon(s) brown sugar
● celery tops
1. Into each quart bottle place 1½" piece of hot pepper and clove of garlic cut in half. Fill bottles with assorted, washed, cut-up vegetables. Pour brine to about 1½ inches
the from top and tightly pack additional vegetables in jars as they begin to settle.
2. Use celery tops to keep vegetables under liquid. Then complete filling of brine. Place a teaspoon of brown sugar on top of each jar and seal tightly. Set bottles in cool place.
3. Toorshi will be ready in two weeks.
● ½ gal. cider vinegar
● ½ pt. water, strained from ½ box cooked pickling spices
● 1 gal. water
● 1½ cups Kosher salt