To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
TAQUITOS - FILLED CORN TORTILLA ROLL-UPS
This is the perfect way to use up left-over beef, pulled pork or chicken. These dandy little roll-ups are easy to make and serve as an appetizer or a snack. It is no wonder that they make the perfect push-cart street food.
Taquitos are usually made with corn tortillas, and flautas which are larger are made with flour tortillas. This small difference makes a large difference in their taste and texture.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6 - 8
• 1 doz. corn tortillas
• 1 lb. leftover shredded roast beef, roast pulled pork or chicken
• 1 cup cheese, shredded. Can use Monterey Jack or Cojita cheese, although even cheddar will do.
• ½ can chopped green Ortega chilies
• ¼ cup diced onions
• ¼ tsp.fresh ground pepper
• Kosher salt to taste
• 1 clove garlic
1. Shred roast beef, pork or chicken with fork. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
2. Dip tortillas in hot oil, to soften spread a large tablespoon of beef mixture in tortilla and roll up.
3. Secure with toothpick and fry in oil. Can be frozen at this point.
4. Bake in oven at 400ºF until golden brown
5. Dip in sour cream and avocado dip and enjoy.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved