KALAMATA OLIVE AND BLACK TRUFFLE OIL TAPENADE
INGREDIENTS:Makes 1 pint
● 1 cup Kalamata olives, seeded, and processed or chopped to match head size
● 1 cup raw shelled walnuts processed or chopped to match head size
● 2 Mezzetta® brand pickled Jalapeño peppers in escabeche, chopped fine or any other pickled Jalapeño pepper.
● 1 tablespoon Roasted Red Bell peppers, Chopped fine
● ½ cup flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped very fine
● ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped very fine
● 1 tablespoon Japanese rice wine vinegar
● ½ cup Extra Virgin olive oil, the best you can afford
● 1 tablespoon black or white Truffle Oil
● 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Mix all the above ingredients together and refrigerate over night. Add more olive oil to adjust the texture to your
preference if necessary. This can be kept in the refrigerator for at least two weeks. Always bring back to room
temperature before serving.
2. Serve on toasted Italian or sourdough baguette rounds, "Crostini".