To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
SOUPA VERDE FRIO - PORTUGUESE AND SPANISH COLD GREEN SOUP
A "Frosty" Gaspacho style soup, only without any red ingredients such as tomatoes.
Think lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, green onions, celery and such when putting this one together. Use chicken broth as a base instead of tomato. Want all vegetarian? Use a cold vegetable broth as the base or use pureed tomatillos.
SOUPA VERDE FRIO
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS VEGETABLE MIXTURE: SERVES 10
● 1 cup(s) leaf lettuce, packed
● 1/2 cup(s) cucumbers, peeled and diced
● 3 scallions, cut in 1-inch pieces
● 1 cup(s) spinach
● 1 rib celery (remove the strings)
● 1 tablespoon(s)chopped parsley leaves (flat leaf parsley)
1. Put all vegetables in a blender and puree them.
2. Add chicken broth mixture.
INGREDIENTS CHICKEN BROTH MIXTURE: SERVES 10
● 2 (8 oz.) cans chicken broth
● ˝ cup(s) Hellmann's mayonnaise
● ˝ cup(s) sour cream
● ˝ teaspoon(s) salt
● ˝ teaspoon(s) white pepper
1. Blend for 1 minute.
2. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
3. Garnish with sprig of mint. (I Used blossoms from a chive plant, and it really brightens up a table.)
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved