ARMENIAN SOUR CHICKEN SOUP
Known in my family as Armenian penicillin!
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
• 2 cans, 4 cups of Swanson's® chicken broth or your own.
• 4 cups water
• 1 skinless boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded, or any cooked chicken you have.
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 1 cup egg noodles, dry and not cooked
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup Armenian or Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
• Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. To the boiling broth, add the egg noodles and cook for 25 minutes.
2. Beat the egg with the lemon juice and a little of the broth.
3. Add egg slowly, stirring as you pour, so it does not curdle.
4. Turn off the heat and remove from the stove.
5. Add the egg mixture, parsley, salt and pepper and serve.