TURKEY WINGS WITH GRAVY AND GREENS
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 6 turkey wings about 3 1/4 pounds
● 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/2 " thick
● 1 small onion, thinly sliced
● 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
● 1½ teaspoons poultry seasoning
● 2 teaspoons salt
● ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
● ¼ cup all-purpose flour
● ½ cup water
● 2 teaspoons GravyMaster® or Kitchen Bouquet® **SEE COOK'S NOTE**
1. Cut each wing into 3 pieces at the joints. Place the wing pieces, celery. onions, and
green peppers in a large pot with enough cold water to cover. Add the poultry seasoning,
salt, and pepper, and heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to simmering and simmer until the
wing pieces are very tender, about 1½ hours. Check the seasoning once or twice during
cooking and adjust as necessary.
2. In a bowl, stir the flour into the water until smooth. Slowly stir the flour mixture into
a the simmering turkey liquid until it is smooth and thickened. Stir in the GravyMaster.
Taste the gravy and add seasoning if necessary. Thin the gravy with a little water if
necessary. Serve hot, passing extra gravy.
3. Serve seasoned collard greens and macaroni and cheese as great side dishes.
1. Gravy Master® or Kitchen Bouquet®, if not found at your local market, can be purchased online
at Amazon®. See Gutsy's Soupermarket at the end of this recipe.