To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
MEETING HOUSE POTATO SALAD - JUST THE THING FOR A CHURCH SOCIAL OR POT LUCK DINNER.
An easy to make and absolutely delicious potato salad.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
MEETING HOUSE POTATO SALAD
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● 1½ pounds unpeeled waxy boiling potatoes scrubbed, I like Yukon Gold.
● 1 cup chopped Tasso ham or baked Virginia ham
● Water for boiling potatoes
● 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
● 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
● 2 Tablespoons white wine or apple juice
● 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
● ½ Teaspoon Salt
● 2 hard cooked eggs finely chopped
● 1 Cup celery, finely diced
● ¼ Cup shallots or onion, finely chopped
● ¼ Cup green or sweet red pepper, finely chopped
● 2 Tablespoons sweet or dill pickle relish
1. Cook potatoes in water to cover until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and cool thoroughly. Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes.
3. Place in mixing bowl. Whisk olive oil with lemon juice, white wine,
mustard and salt. Pour over potatoes.
4. Add chopped eggs, ham, celery, shallots, green pepper and pickle relish.
5. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate overnight to blend in flavors.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved