RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
SOUTHERN BARBECUED PIGS FEET
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● 8 fresh pig's feet, split in half lengthwise
● 2 quarts water
● 2 cups white vinegar
● 2 large onion, coarsely chopped
● 2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
● ¼ cup crushed red pepper, flaked
● 3 tablespoons salt
● 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
● 3 cups your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Wash the pigs' feet well. Place them in a large pot and pour in the water.
2. Add the vinegar, onions, green peppers, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Heat to
boiling over medium heat. Reduce the heat to simmering and cook, covered, until just
about tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Skim the surface and stir the pigs' feet occasionally
✚ Preheat the oven to 350℉.
3. Remove the pigs' feet from the broth with a slotted spoon. (Reserve the broth for
cooking greens or vegetables.) Arrange them side by side in 2 baking pans large enough
to hold them in a single layer.
4. Spoon the barbecue sauce over them and bake 15 minutes.
✚ Reduce the heat to 300℉.
5. Continue cooking until tender, about 35 minutes.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved