To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
SOUTHERN DIRTY RICE.
Stick to your ribs rice that is a favorite of Southerners
A perfect example of how to use up leftovers.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
SOUTHERN DIRTY RICE
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 1 pound pork sausage
● ½ pound chicken livers, chopped fine
● 1 cup diced onion
● ½ cup diced celery
● ½ cup diced green bell pepper
● 4 cups hot cooked rice
● ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
● Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the sausage and chicken livers in a large skillet until browned.
2. Add the vegetables and saute until soft.
3. Gently fold in the rice and parsley.
4. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved