To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
FRIED CHICKEN AND WAFFLES.
This is a great dish for anytime of the day or night.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
FRIED CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
INGREDIENTS FOR BASIC BUTTERMILK WAFFLES: SERVES 4
● 2 cups all-purpose flour
● 2 teaspoons baking powder
● 1 teaspoon baking soda
● ˝ teaspoon salt
● 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
● 2 cups buttermilk
● 3 large eggs
● 5 tablespoons melted butter
● oil for waffle iron
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir to blend.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs. Stir in the melted butter. Pour into the dry
ingredients; stir until combined.
3. Follow the manufacturer’s directions for oiling, measuring batter, and cooking the waffles.
4. Makes about 8 5-inch waffles.
5. For the fried chicken I recommend Buttermilk/Brined Fried Chicken Recipe.
6. Use fresh creamery butter and real maple syrup.
7. The Nasturtiums used as a garnish on the plate are also edible and have a nice peppery
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved