To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
SAUSAGE RISOTTO FLORENTINE
Christmas day and some meat is allowed. What better than a spicy sausage risotto.
A really tasty and spicy risotto to counter the seafood and the sweets.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
￭ 8 oz Italian sausage
￭ 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
￭ ¾ cup arborio rice
￭ ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
￭ 1 red bell pepper, chopped
￭ 1 clove garlic, minced
￭ ¼ tsp black pepper
￭ 2 tbsp white wine
￭ 2 cups chopped spinach
￭ ¼ cup asiago cheese
￭ A handful of chopped fresh basil
1. Remove sausage from casing and cook in a large skillet or sauce pan over medium heat,
breaking it up as it browns. Cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, red pepper and onion and cook until softened. As the mixture cooks you will
want to scrape brown bits off the pan. Cooking the veggies should take 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add rice and pepper and stir to coat.
4. De-glaze the pan by adding 2 tbsp of white wine. Cook for approximately one minute until
the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add chicken stock to the rice and sausage mixture one ladle full at a time and stir
constantly. Once the liquid is absorbed add another ladle of stock. Repeat this process
until all the liquid is absorbed. The entire process should take 20 to 30 minutes and by
the end the rice should be al dente.
6. Stir in fresh spinach and grated asiago cheese.
7. Remove from heat stir in basil, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved