PACIFIC RIM RACK OF LAMB
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINADE:
• 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
• 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
• ¼ cup honey
• 3 tablespoons Tamari® soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons medium-dry Sherry
• 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon Asian chili paste
• 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
• 2 tablespoons orange zest
• 2 frenched racks of lamb, available by request from butcher (about 1½ pounds
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Blend all marinade ingredients together and salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a large sealable plastic bag combine lamb and marinade and seal bag, pressing out excess air. Marinate
lamb, in a refrigerator, turning occasionally, 2 hours.
3. Prepare barbecue grill and preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Remove lamb from bag and discard marinade. Grill lamb on an oiled rack on a gas barbecue or set 5 to 6
inches over glowing coals. turning, until browned all over, about 4-6 minutes.
5. Transfer lamb and place meat sides up, to a shallow baking pan and roast in 400℉ oven for 10 minutes.
6. In a dry heavy skillet toast sesame seeds over moderately high heat, stirring, until fragrant and golden.
7. Sprinkle lamb with sesame seeds and roast 5 to 10 minutes more. Meat thermometer should register 130°F. for medium-rare.
8. Let lamb stand for8 − 10 minutes on a cutting board. Cut into chops and serve.
1. Can also be served over rice.