To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
THE QUEEN OF TARTS©
Buzz Baxter's original prize winning recipe, featured in the September 1998 issue of Sunset magazine, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the magazine.
This recipe features fresh Oregon berries and Oregon berry jams and jellies. The berries are on a creamy backdrop of
yogurt and Mascarpone cheeses.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
“THE QUEEN OF TARTS”©
INGREDIENTS: Makes: 6 - 8 servings
1. Prep and cook time: About 30 minutes preparation time. About 1 hour wait time while dough is refrigerated and
resting. Two hours of chilling time for the filling. 15 minutes baking time for the crust. 15 - 30 minutes cooling
time for the crust.
● 1 cup flour
● ¼ cup light brown sugar
● ½ cup butter
● 1 Tablespoon(s) water
1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut butter in the flour mixture.
Add the water the mixture. Toss with a fork until moistened. Shape crust dough into a ball and refrigerate for one hour.
Roll out dough into a 12 inch circle. Press dough evenly onto the bottom and sides of a 9 inch tart pan with a removable
bottom. Bake in a 400℉ oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool the crust completely on a wire rack.
INGREDIENTS, NO COOK CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
● 6 oz. Marscapone cheese
● ½ cup drained yogurt cheese
● 1 Teaspoon(s) lemon zest
● 1½ teaspoons freshly chopped spearmint
● ¼ cup powdered sugar
● 1Teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS, NO COOK CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1. In a mixing bowl, blend the above ingredients until smooth. Chill covered for a couple of hours or until ready to fill the
2. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over the tart shell.
INGREDIENTS, BERRIES AND GLACÈ:
● 2 cups mixed Oregon berries, either Marionberries, blueberries, Boysenberries or if in season, blackberries.
● ¼ cup Seedless Blackberry , Oregon Huckleberry or Oregon Salal Berry jelly.
DIRECTIONS, BERRIES AND GLACÈ:
1. Arrange fresh berries on top the creme filling.
2. Heat the blackberry, huckleberry or salal jam in a small saucepan until melted to make the glacè.
Cool the berry jam glacè and then drizzle over the fruit.
3. Remove the tart from the tart pan, and serve immediately.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved