PRAWNS BAKED IN A PHYLLO BLANKET
INGREDIENTS: YIELD 12 APPETIZERS
● 1 lb prawns, peeled and deveined with tails on. (13-15 count/lb)
● 3 sheets phyllo dough
● ˝ cube salted butter (2 oz) Can use more butter if desired
● 7-8 pitted prunes halved lengthwise
● 1 head garlic, roasted or 2 Tablespoon(s) roasted processed garlic mixed with 1 Teaspoon(s) olive oil
● 1 Tablespoon(s) salt
1. Soak the prawns in water to cover with salt dissolved in water. Soak for 1 hour and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Melt butter, and brush one sheet of phyllo dough on one side with butter. Fold sheet in half (not lengthwise).
Cut the folded sheet into 4 equal strips.
3. Butter each strip as you use them, and lay a prawn across the strip with a half prune and a ˝ tsp. of roasted
garlic. Roll up the phyllo strip with the prawn, garlic and prune. The prawn tail will be sticking out to serve
as a handle. Lay the finished prawn on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Proceed with the next prawn.
Do this until you have used up your phyllo dough or prawns. This will yield 12 appetizers. You can make more if
4. Brush the wrapped prawns with butter and bake in a 350℉ oven until phyllo dough is golden (about 20-30 minutes).