To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
PIZZA ABREAD - MADE WITH YOUR FAVORITE RED OR WHITE WINE
Interesting twist on plain pizza dough!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● ¼ cup light red or white wine
● ¾ cup warm water
● 1½ ounces brewer's yeast
● 1 Tablespoon(s) honey
● 3½ cups all-purpose flour
● 1 Teaspoon(s) salt
● 1 Tablespoon(s) olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
1. Place wine, water and yeast in a large bowl and stir until dissolved.
2. Add honey, salt and olive oil and mix throughly.
3. Add 1 cup flour and mix with a wooden spoon until it becomes a loose batter.
4. Add 2 more cups of flour and stir in as much as you can with the wooden spoon (2 to 3 minutes).
5. Bring dough together with your hands and turn out on to flour board or marble surface. Knead about
6 to 8 minutes until you have made a smooth, firm dough.
6. Place in a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise in the warmest part of the
kitchen for 45 minutes.
7. For individual pizzas or calzones, cut the dough into four equal pieces and knead into rounds.
8. For one large pizza, knead into one large round. For both, let rest 15 minutes.
9. Bake in a 450 − 500℉ oven until golden……serve warm or room temperature
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved