BACON, LEEK, AND TOMATO (BLT) PAPPARADELLI
A wonderful pasta “take” on the BLT. A tasty pappardelli dish
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
PAPPAREDELLI BACON. LEEK AND TOMATO (BLT)
✹INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
• 4 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch broken pieces
• 1 pound dry pappardelle pasta
• 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 cups)
• 1 pound cherry tomatoes (about 3 cups)
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
+ Preheat oven to 400ºF
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon, stirring often, until crispy (8-10 minutes); transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate,
reserving 1 tablespoon bacon fat in the skillet.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
3. Cut cherry tomatoes in half, place in a baking pan and brush with olive oil and roast in oven until they are still juicy and the skin is just beginning
to crinkle. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. While pasta cooks, heat skillet and reserved fat over medium heat; add leeks. Cook, stirring, until leeks begin to soften (about 5 minutes). Add
roasted cherry tomatoes, and tomato paste. Add reserved pasta water; simmer, until you have a sauce, and leeks are tender (8 minutes).
5. Toss pasta with leek mixture and bacon and arrange in serving bowls.
Copyright 2001© - 2014© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved