INGREDIENTS: SERVES 8
● 4 cups finely sliced onions (White or yellow)**SEE COOK'S NOTE 1**
● ½ cup chopped dates
● 2 Tablespoon(s) olive oil
● 1 Tablespoon(s) roasted garlic**SEE COOK'S NOTE 2**
● 6 oz. lemon goat cheese**SEE COOK'S NOTE 3**
● 1 cup heavy cream
● 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks
● 1 Teaspoon(s)salt
● ½ Teaspoon(s) pepper
● ⅓ cup slivered almonds
● 1 Pillsbury prepared single pie crust, or make your own Pie CrustDIRECTIONS:
1. In a skillet, carmelize the onions, let cool to room temperature.
2. Blend in the roasted garlic, dates and goat cheese.
3. Prick the bottom crust and bake the single crust in a tart pan at 375℉ until lightly golden and
4. Mix the eggs, salt and pepper into the cream. Then combine with the onion mixture and pour
into the pre-baked tart shell.
5. Bake the tart in a 375℉ oven until the a knife or toothpick will pierce the tart and come out
clean. (About 20-30 minutes) Cool and serve at room temperature.
1. Caramelizing onions in a slow cooker works very well and saves time. Slice your onions and put them
in a slow cooker with ¼ cup of oil and cook on medium for 4 hours or until they are a dark golden
2. You can also use jarred roasted garlic sold in supermarkets.
3. If you cannot find lemon goat cheese, grate a lemon for zest and mix with the goat cheese.