INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
• 2 lbs. top round beef strips 1/2" x 1/4" x 2"
• 1/2 cup sliced scallions-white portion only
• 1/2 cup green scallion tops cut in 1" lengths
• 1 Tbl. chopped garlic
• 2 Tbl. Chinese sesame oil
• 3 Tbl. peanut oil
• 1/2 cup dry sherry
• 1/2 cup light soy sauce
• 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
• 1 Tbl. cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
• 1 lb. Chinese style noodles or cooked thin spagetti **SEE COOK'S NOTE**
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Boil Chinese noodles and drain ( Boil 5 minutes for fresh, 12 minutes for dry spaghetti.) Heat vegetable oil
in a non-stick skillet or wok until hot. Divide the noodles into four portions and brown on both sides. Set
these aside to drain on paper toweling.
2. Heat the sesame oil and peanut oil in the skillet or wok and add the beef and garlic. Brown quickly (stir fry)
and add the scallions and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add soy sauce, sherry, cayenne pepper and
cornstarch and cook until you have a thick rich sauce. Add the green scallion tops and serve over the pan
fried noodles.**SEE COOK'S NOTE**
3. Accompany with Chinese hot chili sauce and rice wine vinegar to taste.
1. Can also be served over rice.