FRIED MIDIA - ARMENIAN MUSSELS
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2 − 4 OR MORE
● As many mussels as needed
● All purpose flour
● Beaten egg
1. Dip mussels in flour, into the egg and then into the flour again. Fry in hot olive oil until golden brown. Serve with teratour (TARTAR) sauce.
INGREDIENTS: TERATOUR (TARTAR) SAUCE
● 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
● 1 slice of bread without crust
● 2 tablespoons walnuts, filberts or almonds, ground very fine
● 2 Tablespoons vinegar
● 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Soak the bread lightly in water and squeeze dry. Add the rest of the ingredients and with a fork, blend to a soft paste.
1. This sauce can also be used with fried or grilled fish, fried eggplant and other fried or grilled meats and vegetables.