MANDARIN STYLE FRIED RICE
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● Peanut oil
● 3 eggs
● 2 tablespoons minced garlic
● 2 tablespoons minced ginger
● 1 bunch chopped scallions, green and white separated
● 1 lapchang, diced (Chinese sausage), can substitute with 4 strips of cooked bacon, shrimp, Chinese barbecue pork or smoked chicken.
● 8 cups cooked, day old long grain rice
● 3 tablespoons thin soy sauce
● 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
● Salt to taste
1. It is recommended to use day old rice so that the drier rice can soak up the flavors. In a wok, add 2 tablespoons of oil and quickly
soft-scramble the eggs. Remove the eggs. In the same wok, coat with oil and stir-fry garlic and ginger. Add white scallions and
lapchang. Add rice and mix thoroughly. Add soy sauce, white pepper and scrambled eggs. Check for seasoning. Serve immediately.