To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
ARMENIAN BONELESS LEG OF LAMB - WITH BULGUR PILAF AND POMEGRANATE GLACÈ
A lamb roast for those who like lamb without "mint Jelly" to hide the taste.
This is going to have you yearning again and again for roast lamb.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
ARMENIAN ROLLED ROAST OF BONELESS LAMB
INGREDIENTS FOR THE LEG OF LAMB:
● 1 (4 − 5) pound boneless leg of Spring lamb, all silver skin removed
● Kitchen twine
INGREDIENTS FOR THE WET MARINADE:
● 1 Tablespoon(s) Dried (Turkish or Greek) Oregano
● 1 Tablespoon(s) Cracked Black Pepper
● 3 Tablespoon(s) Fresh Rosemary, chopped
● 2 Tablespoon(s) Six to Eight Large Cloves Garlic, Minced
● 1 Tablespoon(s) Dijon Mustard
● Zest of two large oranges
● Juice of the two Oranges
● ⅓ cup plain Yogurt
● ¼ cup Olive Oil
INGREDIENTS FOR APPLYING POMAGRANATE GLACÈ:
● ½ cup Pomegranate syrup or pomegranate molasses**SEE COOK'S NOTE**
● ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
DIRECTIONS FOR THE WET MARINADE:
1. Process all the ingredients of the wet marinade in a food processor. Put the unrolled roast into a large Zip-Lock®
bag and pour the marinade into the bag with the roast. Marinate for 12 hours.
2. Remove the roast from the bag and pat dry with paper towels. Place the roast on a board or pan and brush on
the Pomegranate syrup or molasses on both sides of the roast and sprinkle what would be the inner side with
the fresh mint leaves.
✚ Preheat your oven to between 350℉ - 375℉
3. Sprinkle the inside of the roast with KOSHER SALT
4. Roll and tie the roast well so that the roll will be tight and firm.
5. Place the lamb roll on a grill (inside or outside) and grill the surface for of the roast for about 15 minutes.
6. Baste the rolled roast and place in the oven and roast while basting with the pomegranate syrup every 15 minutes.
7. Roast until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 130℉.
8. Remove the roast from the oven and tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 15 minutes up to 45 minutes.
9. Slice and serve with Bulgur Pilaf and Oven Roasted Carrots and Parsnips.
1. Since pomegranate products have become quite popular in the U.S.A., you might find this ingredient
readily in your local supermarket, possibly under another brand name or make your own by reducing
pomegranate juice and sugar, as you would a"simple syrup".
NOTE: ALTHOUGH NOT THE EXACT RECIPE SHOWN HERE, THE VIDEOS BELOW SHOULD BE OF HELP.
HOW TO TRIM, ROLL AND TIE A ROAST
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved