KOREAN BIBIMBAP - A mixture of rice, meats, vegetables, mushrooms and egg. Served with Sriracha chili paste, kimchee and served in a stone bowl.
Of the Korean recipes presented here, this is the most definitive of what the cuisine of Korea is about. There is no pretentiousness with ingredients, but just a long history of blending tastes and textures with the senses to make dining an enjoyable experience.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● Cooked Korean, Japanese or South East Asian rice
● 1 package of bean sprouts
● 1 bunch of spinach, frozen will do, but fresh is best
● 2 small green zucchinis
● 5-7 Shiitakè mushrooms
● fern brakes (kosari)
● ½ pound of ground beef
● 1 small carrot
● 1 or 2 eggs
● Tamari soy sauce
● Sriracha hot pepper paste
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● Toasted sesame seeds
● Dark toasted sesame oil
● Vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS: ARRANGE EVERYTHING ON A PLATTER
1. Cook rice. You can use a rice cooker or a stainless pot.
2. Next, you need to prepare a large platter to put all your ingredients on. Rinse your bean sprouts 3 times and
put them in a pot with a cup of water. Add 1 teaspoon(s) of salt and cook for 20 minutes. Drain water and
mix it with 1 clove of minced garlic, sesame oil and a pinch of salt.
Put it on the platter.
3. Put your spinach in a pot of boiling water and stir it for a minute. Then rinse it in cold water a few times and
squeeze it lightly. Mix it with a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon(s) of soy sauce, 1 clove of minced garlic and sesame
oil. Put it on the platter.
4. Cut 2 small size zucchinis into thin strips, sprinkle them with a pinch of salt, and then mix them together. A
few minutes later, sauté them in a pan over high heat. When it’s cooked, it will look a little translucent. Put it
on the platter.
5. You can buy soaked and cooked “kosari” at a Korean grocery store. Prepare about 2 or 3 cups of kosari for
this 4 servings of bibimbap. Cut it into pieces 5-7 cm long and sauté in a heated pan with 1 teaspoon(s) of
vegetable oil. Stir and add 1 tablespoon(s) of soy sauce, ½ tablespoon(s) of sugar, and cook them for 1-2
minutes. Add sesame oil. Put it on the platter.
6. Slice shitake mushrooms thinly and sauté with 1 teaspoon(s) of vegetable oil. Add 2 teaspoon(s) of soy sauce
and 1 or 2 teaspoon(s) of sugar and stir it for 2 minutes. Add some sesame oil, and put it on the platter.
7. On a heated pan, put some oil and ½ pound of ground beef and stir it. Add 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1
tablespoon(s) of soy sauce, ½ tablespoon(s) of sugar, a little grounded black pepper, and sesame oil.
on the platter.
8. Cut a carrot into strips, sauté for 30 seconds and put it on the platter.
9. Prepare eggs, sunny side up.
10. Put your rice In a large bowl, and attractively display all your vegetables and meat. Place the eggs on the
11. Serve it with sesame oil and Sriracha hot pepper paste.
12. Lastly, mix it up and eat!
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved