JILBOUR (ARMENIAN POACHED EGG STEW)
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
● 1 pound of onions
● ¼ pound of butter
● dried mint leaves, basil leaves, or flat leafed parsley ( just a dash )
● 1 pound fresh or 1 large can of tomatoes
● eggs to suit
● salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook onions and butter together until lightly browned.
2. Add mint, basil or parsley leaf, tomatoes and a little water.
3. Bring to simmer and then crack in as many eggs as you want in the stew poaching same until yolk in cooked. Serve immediately