To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
JEWISH CHOPPED CHICKEN LIVERS
True Jewish “soul food” including the “schmaltz!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
JEWISH CHOPPED CHICKEN LIVER WITH SCHMALTZ
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4 − 6
● 1 lb. chicken liver, washed
● 1 large onion, diced
● 4 hard-boiled eggs
● ⅓ Cup(s)melted chicken fat Schmaltz
● ½ Teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
● Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Broil chicken livers. Brown onion in hot fat until onions are translucent.
2. Mix cooked livers with mashed eggs, salt and onion until well blended.
3. Place Saran Wrap into mold pan prior to liver placement for easy removal.
4. Garnish with parsley, eggs or tomatoes. Serve with crackers.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved