To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
JEWISH BLUEBERRY BLINTZES - BREAKFAST, LUNCHEON OR DESSERT
Blintzes are Jewish almost to a tradition. Feel free to alter the toppings for this delicious recipe.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
JEWISH BLUEBERRY BLINTZES
INGREDIENTS FOR 1 BLINTZ:
● 1 Tablespoon(s) dry cottage cheese
● ½ Teaspoon(s) beaten egg
● pinch of cinnamon
● drop of vanilla
● ¼ Teaspoon(s) honey
1. Mix above ingredients together and spread on cooked side of crepe.
2. Overlap sides and ends. Brown briefly. Top with thick Greek style yogurt.
3. Add fresh blueberries, blueberry syrup or cooked blueberry sauce on top.**SEE COOK'S NOTE**
INGREDIENTS - BLUEBERRY SAUCE RECIPE: - Makes about 3 cups
● 1 cup granulated white sugar
● ½ tablespoon cornstarch
● ⅛ teaspoon salt
● ⅔ cup water
● 1 pound or 3 cups of fresh blueberries, picked over
● Zest of 1 lemon
● 1 - 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Place the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and water in a medium sized saucepan and stir until smooth.
2. Stir in the blueberries and place the saucepan over medium heat.
3. Cook the sauce until the liquid thickens and becomes clear. (Some of the blueberries will break down but others will remain whole.)
4. Taste to see if more sugar is needed and add more water if you want a thinner sauce.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract, if using, and the lemon zest and juice.
6. Taste and add more lemon juice if needed.
7. Let cool and then cover and refrigerate.
CREPES FOR BLINTZES
INGREDIENTS: MAKES 2 CREPES
● 2 Tablespoon(s) sifted flour
● 1 Tbsp. cold milk
● 1 Tbsp. cold water
● 1 Tbsp. beaten egg
● 1 tsp. melted butter
● 2 tsp. oil
1. Mix all together. Beat until smooth with a whisk. Let stand 2 hours in refrigerator.
2. Heat small skillet to 350℉. Add 2 teaspoons oil in skillet. Heat.
3. Pour ½ batter in. Tip pan to spread batter.
4. Cook 1 minute. Jerk pan to loosen. Turn over, cook ½ minute.
6. Cook second half of batter.
1. Roll fruit in them.
2. Add cinnamon and powdered sugar on them.
3. Top with whipped cream.
NOTE: ALTHOUGH NOT THE EXACT RECIPE PRESENTED, THE VIDEO(S) BELOW MIGHT BE OF HELP TO YOU.
U-TUBE VIDEO - HOW TO MAKE BLINTZES - Jewish Journal
U-TUBE VIDEO - HOW TO MAKE BLINTZES - Hoffman Kitchen
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved