To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
Of course, Kugel is coffee cake!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
JEWISH APPLE KUGLE - COFFEE CAKE
● 1¼ Cup(s) flour
● ½ Teaspoon(s) baking powder
● ¼ Teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
● 1 Tablespoon(s) sugar
● 2 Tablespoon(s) oil
● 1 large egg
● 4 Tablespoon(s) warm water
● 3 lbs. apples, peeled & sliced
● ½ Cup(s) raisins
● 1 Teaspoon(s) lemon juice
● ¼ Cup(s) sugar
● 1 Teaspoon(s) cinnamon
● ¼ Teaspoon(s) nutmeg
● 1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Add oil and egg, and water to bind.
3. Turn out on a floured board. Knead until smooth and spongy.
4. Set in a bowl, sprinkle with flour, cover with plastic wrap, and chill 30 minutes.
1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, sprinkling lemon juice over apples to prevent discoloration.
2. Roll dough very thin. Brush with oil.
3. Spread apple mixture along long end, and roll as for jelly roll.
4. Place roll in a greased utility pan.
5. Brush top with beaten egg.
6. Bake at 350℉ until brown.
7. Baste with orange juice if apples are not juicy enough.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved