To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
JEREMIAH WEED BOURBON-APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS.
Jeremiah Weed, my favorite cooking bourbon. It is sweet and loaded with bourbon flavor.
Not bad for sipping either!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
JEREMIAH WEED BOURBON-APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 3 to 3 ½ pounds chicken wings, dis-jointed, tips removed and used for stock
● 1 Tablespoon(s) butter
● ¾ Cup(s) chopped onion
● 2 Teaspoon(s) finely chopped fresh garlic
● ⅓ Cup(s) soy sauce
● 1 Cup(s) Jeremiah Weed Bourbon **SEE COOK'S NOTE**
● ½ Cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
● ¼ Cup(s) dark molasses
● ¼ Cup(s) honey
● 1 cup ketchup
● ¼ Teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
● ½ Teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
● 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
● ½ Cup(s) apricot preserves
1. Melt butter in 4-quart saucepan until sizzling; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat stirring often, until
onion is translucent (4 to 5 minutes).
2. Stir in all remaining sauce ingredients except apricot preserves and bourbon. Continue cooking until sauce just
comes to a boil (3 to 6 minutes).
3. Reduce heat to low. Simmer stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Cool completely about 15-20 minutes. Stir in
preserves and bourbon.
✚ Pre-heat your oven to 400℉.
4. Place wings on slightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan, lined with aluminum foil.
5. Pour sauce over wings and stir to coat. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, basting occasionally or until wings are
tender and sauce has caramelized to a dark syrup.
6. Remove baking pan and let wings return to room temperature.
1. Any bourbon will do, but Jeremiah Weed is a sweet, and a very flavorful bourbon.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved