To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
GANANCHE FASOULYA - ARMENIAN LAMB AND GREEN BEAN STEW
"Gananche" meaning green and "Fasoula" meaning bean, translates into Armenian "Soul Food". This dish with a hearty combination of lamb and green beans is an Armenian staple.
Make a large pot and feed the family for a week. It just gets better with time.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4-6
• 1/2 lb. lean lamb stew meat
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 1 can Swanson's® beef broth
• 1/2 cup canned redi-cut tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves
• 1 teaspoon of sweet basil
Dash of cayenne pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown off the lamb in the olive oil. Add onions and sautè until translucent.
2. Add the rest of the above ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Add the following ingredients and cook until the green beans are tender.
• 1/2 lb fresh cut green beans or 8 oz. pkg. frozen
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
COOKS NOTE* You can vary this recipe by adding 1-2 cups of cooked garabanzo beans
or by adding another vegetable, such as zucchini rounds.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved