ARMENIAN BULGUR & GREEN BEAN SPRING SALAD
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 1 cup extra coarse #3 bulgur
● 1˝ cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
● 4 cups fresh green beans, steamed
● 1 medium onion, chopped
● 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
● 1 Tablespoon(s) fresh basil, chopped
● 1 Tablespoon(s) mint leaves, chopped
● ˝ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
● ˝ cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
● 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
● ˝ cup extra virgin olive oil
● 1 tablespoon lemon juice
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the broth to a boil in a pan and add the bulgur. Stir, put a lid on the pan and turn off heat. Let stand for ˝ hour until all the broth has been absorbed.
2. Cook the green beans in a steamer, microwave or boil until tender but still crisp. DO NOT OVERCOOK
3. In a skillet, saute the onions in a Tablespoon(s) of oil until soft. Add the tomatoes mix together and turn off the heat. Let cool.
4. When all the ingredients have cooled, mix every thing together and toss with the vinegar and oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve chilled.