To print this page, use your browser's print button.
FRUTA de MARE' STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
Beautiful as well as delicious
Printed from THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET
package giant pasta shells
1 1/2 lb.. Mascarpone or Cream Cheese
1/2 cup diced and saute'd Spanish onions
1 lb. frozen, chopped spinach, cooked and squezzed dry
2-3 Tbl. pesto sauce, home made or purchased
1 Tbl. Kosher salt
2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper, diced
1 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil to sauté onions
1 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil for pasta water
2 Tbl. Kosher salt for pasta water
1 lb 41/50 count raw shelled and deveined shrimp
28 oz. crushed tomatoes
4 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 oz. Parmesano Reggiano cheese
1. In a large bowl, combine Mascarpone cheese, spinach, sauteed onions, roasted
red bell pepper, salt, black pepper, pesto sauce and shrimp
2. In a pasta cooker, boil the giant pasta shells lightly in the olive oil and salted water
for 12 minutes or until al dente but still pliable. Immediately cool shells by running cold
water over them so they will not overcook.
3. In a 9 X 13 baking dish or pan, pour the crushed tomatoes to cover the bottom of
4. Stuff the giant pasta shells with the spinach, cream cheese, and shrimp filling.
Place the stuffed shells tightly side by side in the baking dish.
5. Cover the shells with a layer of the Mozzarella cheese and then the Parmesan
cheese. Cover the baking dish and stuffed pasta shells with aluminum foil and place in
a pre-heated 350° degree oven and cook for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for
another 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and turning golden.
Serve with bread sticks or garlic bread.
Copyright 2001© 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved