To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
Deep fried banana and jackfruit rolled up in a spring roll wrapper and dredged with caramelized sugar..
Turon is the Tagalong name given to this simple and delicious dessert. Whether you eat it plain, with ice cream or chocolate sauce, it is sure to satisfy a "sweet tooth".
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● ˝ dozen ripe saba (banana plantain)
● 1 cup chopped langka (jackfruit)
● ˝ cup brown sugar
● lumpia (spring roll) wrappers
● oil, enough for deep frying
1. Cut banana in half, and cut each half into 3 pieces.
2. Lightly roll each banana piece in sugar.
3. Place coated bananas on top of each lumpia wrapper (this will depend to your liking on how many
pieces of banana slices for each wrapper), spread with chopped langka (jackfruit), carefully wrap and
roll into shape of egg roll. Seal the ends with water or egg white.
4. Fry in deep medium-high oil. Sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon of sugar over your turon. This will
caramelize and stick to your turon. Flip your turon to coat evenly with caramelized sugar. Fry until
golden brown and crisp.
5. Remove from pan and set on waxed paper for a couple of minutes and then enjoy!
Sesame seeds (if desired) maybe sprinkled while turon is still hot and the sugar has not set.
Served with ice cream for dessert or just as is for snack!
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved