To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
Filipino corn and coconut pudding.
A simple dessert made with sweetened rice flour, sweet corn kernels and coconut milk. Simple to make, but presents itself very well.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4 - 6
● 1 cup thick coconut milk
● 1 cup rice flour
● 1 cup sugar
● ˝ cup cornstarch
● 5 tablespoon(s) sweet corn kernels
● 4 cups coconut milk
1. In a pan, put 1 cup thick coconut milk and let it simmer until the oil separates from crumbs (latik).
2. Once you see the oil separate and crumbs (latik) have started to form, stir it from time to time. Wait
for the crumbs to become golden brown and crunchy. Turn off the heat.
3. Use the strainer to get the crumbs and then take out the extra oil and set the oil aside.
4. Now we have latik or self made coconut crumbs. We need it for the garnish later.
5. Prepare a pan, rub it with coconut oil*. Use the coconut oil* you extracted from making latik. Set
6. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the following: rice flour, sugar, corn starch , sweet corn
kernel, coconut milk.
7. Cook in a medium heat. Stir from time to time until you get your desired consistency.
8. Transfer the now thick mixture into the prepared pan. Smoothen up the top.
9. Cool slightly and garnish with coconut crumbs or latik on top.
10. Put in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
11. Cut into squares and serve.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved