STUFFED EGGPLANT DOLMA
● 2 round eggplant or 4 Japanese oblong eggplant
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 lb. lean ground lamb or ½ lamb and ½ ground round
● 1 can crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
● 1 yellow onion, chopped
● ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
● ¼ cup parsley
● 1 clove crushed garlic
● ½ teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
● 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the eggplant lengthwise and scoop out most of the fleshy pulp and set aside. Salt the shells and set aside to make them sweat. Rinse off salt,
gently squeeze and dry.
2. Fry the shells in a tablespoon of olive oil until browned, and drain on paper towels.
3. In a tablespoon of olive oil, brown off meat, add chopped onion and peppers. Then add the rest of the ingredients and the diced up eggplant
pulp. Mix the ingredients together and fill the eggplant shells.
4. Spread ½ of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a covered baking dish and place the filled eggplant shells on the sauce.
● 2 large tomatoes
● Parmesan cheese or feta cheese
5. Slice the tomatoes and arrange on top of the stuffed shells. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the shells and sprinkle with parmesan or feta
cheese. Bake in a preheated 350℉ oven for an hour.