RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
GREEK DIPPLES DESSERT
✹INGREDIENTS: Makes about 18
✹ 5 egg yolks
✹ 1 whole egg
✹ 1 tsp. sugar
✹ flour as needed
1. Beat egg yolks and egg.
2. Add sugar and beat until it dissolves.
3. Blend in enough flour to absorb the liquid and form a nice dough. Knead dough well and divide into 5 sections.
4. Roll each section out as for a pie crust. With a pastry wheel, cut each of the 5 sections into long strips, 2-inch wide strips. **SEE COOKS NOTE**
5. Drop each strip, one at a time, into hot deep fat. Fat shouldn't be so hot that it will turn the pastry dark brown. A golden color is the desired shade.
6. With 2 forks and as the strip is frying, turn it over so while it is lightly browned, it should cook and curl up into the form of a roll.
7. When they are cool and dried, dip into boiled honey. Place on wax paper and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
1. Depending on how wide you cut the strips of dough for frying, will determine the final shape of the dipple after frying. The
dipples in the photo are at least twice as wide as two inches. The final look for presentation is what you are aiming for.