To print this page, use your browser's print button.
Hot, sweet, savory and delicious!
Printed from THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET
•10 red Jalapeno peppers (can use Fresno chiles), split open lengthwise, seeds & membranes
removed. (DO NOT COMPLETELY CUT IN HALF)
•10 Medjool seeded dates
•1 8 oz. package Philadelphia cream cheese (You will have some left over)
•2 Tbl. roasted garlic (jarred or home made)
•10 strips bacon, cooked until still limp, not crisp
•10 10 x 6 inch strips phyllo dough
•1 cube clarified butter, Ghee
1. Mix together cream cheese and creamed roasted garlic.
2. Pipe or spoon into each half Jalapeno pepper
3. Place 1 pitted date in each half red Jalapeno pepper on top of the cream cheese mixture.
4. Roll up stuffed Jalapeno pepper in bacon strip.
5. Lay rolled up stuffed jalapeno on a well buttered strip of phyllo dough.
6. Roll up the phyllo dough around the stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapeno pepper,
folding in the end of the phyllo and buttering the outside as you roll like a cigar away from you.
7. Place stuffed firecrackers on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350º degrees until
they are golden brown. Cool and enjoy. A perfect appetizer for 2 or 3 persons.
Copyright 2001© 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved