RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
CARIBBEAN HONEY & JERK CHICKEN WINGS
INGREDIENTS MARINADE: SERVES 4 − 6
• 1 yellow Spanish onion, chopped
• ⅔ cup finely chopped scallions, 1 or 2 tablespoons reserved for garnish.
• 2 garlic cloves
• ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
• 1 cup apple cider
• ½ cup white distilled vinegar
• 1½ teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
• ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ cup minced pickled jalapeño pepper, or to taste
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 6 drops of Yucatan Sunshine® Habanero sauce or to taste
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• 30 (about 4 pounds) disjointed chicken wings , the wing tips cut off and reserved for stock.
1. In a food processor or blender purée the onion, the scallions, the garlic, the thyme, cloves, the salt, the allspice, the nutmeg, the
cinnamon, the jalapeño, the black pepper, the Habanero sauce, the soy sauce, and the oil. Add the vinegar, cider and shake well.
2. In a large Ziplock® bag, place the chicken wings and ½ the marinade (reserve the remaining marinade for the next step). Let the
wings marinate, chilled, turning them once, for at least 3 hours or, preferably, overnight.
3. Drain the marinade off of the wings and discard the marinade. Cook on a hot barbecue grill until the wings show good grill marks on all
sides About 10 − 15 minutes.
✚ Preheat oven to 400℉
4. Place the grilled wings in one layer in a large baking pan lined with foil. Take the reserved marinade and add ¼ - ½ cup of honey and
shake well. Drizzle the honey/marinade mixture over the grilled wings and cook for 15 − 20 minutes until the marinade has thickened,
but not dried or burnt to the bottom of the pan. Remove the wings and cool enough to handle.
5. Place the wings on a serving platter and garnish with reserved scallions. Serve with lots of napkins.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved