Bread doesn’t get any simpler than this!
Mix it by hand, let it rise overnight (18 hours), bake it and enjoy!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
✹INGREDIENTS: 1 loaf
• 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
• 1¾ teaspoons salt
• ½ teaspoon Instant or Rapid-rise yeast
• 1½ cups water In a large mixing bowl,
1. whisk together flour, salt and yeast.
2. Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 - 18 hours. Overnight works great.
+Heat oven to 450ºF.
4. When the oven has reached 450ºF place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating.
7. Remove hot pot from the oven and drop in the dough. **SEE COOKS NOTE**Cover with the cast iron lid and return to oven
for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.
9. Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
1. At this point, you can cut the square pattern in the top of the dough with a very sharp knife or single edge razor blade into the top.
Cut only about ¼ inch deep with 2½ x 2½ inch squares.
Copyright 2001© - 2015© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved