CRANBERRY, ORANGE & POMEGRANATE RELISH
A fresh, not out of a can, cranberry relish for accompanying that Thanksgiving turkey and fixings.
Why not enjoy a fresh cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving instead of that congealed mass of "who knows what?" out of a can. This relish is made of fresh cranberries, fresh oranges and fresh pomegranate with nuts of your choice. The taste is a pleasure to behold!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6 - 8
• 1 lb. raw cranberries
• 1 whole navel orange
• 1 cup fresh raspberries
• ˝ cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds) Walnuts are my favorite
• 1 small package raspberry Jello®
• 1 small pomegranate
• 1- 1˝ cups sugar depending on taste
1. In a food processor, process the cranberries into desired coarseness and set aside. Be careful not to
process too fine. You may want to boil a few whole ones to show up in your relish. A nice touch!
2. Process the orange by removing all the outer zest, orange part only, discard all the white pithy part.
Place all the orange and zest in the food processor and process until you have a fine slurry.
3. Mix the Jello® as per instructions on the box.
4. Add the processed cranberries and orange into a large bowl with the Jello®, nuts, pomegranate kernels and
raspberries. Stir in the sugar and blend well to dissolve the sugar. Place in the refrigerator to "jell" or congeal.
5. Serve chilled as an accompaniment to a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Can also be used as an ice cream
topping , cheesecake or tart glaze or use your imagination.
This relish will freeze well so you can enjoy a few more times during the New Year.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved