To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEESECAKE - RICH AND DELICIOUS
A wonderful way to finish off a magnificent dinner.
Coffee and chocolate - What can go wrong?
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEESECAKE
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 10
● 1 - 9-ounce package chocolate wafer cookies
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
INGREDIENTS Filling: /H4>
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
1 tablespoon water
3 - 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
6 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
¼ cup whipping cream
DIRECTIONS For crust:
✚ Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F.
1. Grind the cookies in a processor. Add butter and process using on/off turns until crumbs
2. Press crumbs on bottom and 1½ inches up the sides of a 9-inch-diameter spring-form pan
with 2¾ - inch-high sides. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil.
DIRECTIONS For filling:
1. In small bowl, dissolve instant espresso in 1 tablespoon of water.
2. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Add sugar and
continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in espresso mixture, butter and
ground coffee beans.
4. Combine the chocolate and cream in a heavy small saucepan. Stir over low heat until
5. Pour half of cheese filling (about 2½ cups) into prepared crust.
6. Drop 5 tablespoons of the melted chocolate mixture by tablespoons around edge of
filling, spacing evenly. Use small sharp knife to swirl chocolate into filling. Carefully
pour remaining cheese filling over.
7. Drop remaining chocolate mixture by tablespoons into the center 6 inches of the filling,
spacing evenly. Swirl mixtures together using the tip of the knife.
8. Bake cheesecake until edges are puffed and beginning to crack and top is golden brown,
about 40 minutes (center will not be set). Cool on rack. Chill overnight. (Can be prepared
3 days ahead.)
9. Run small sharp knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Release pan sides. Let
stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
10. Transfer to platter and serve.
This cake was garnished with candy coffee beans and shaved bittersweet chocolate.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved