To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
COCA COLA CHICKEN - EVER WONDER WHAT THE CHINESE DO WITH ALL THAT COKE
Ever hear that saying that almost everything tastes like chicken? This chicken tastes like Coca Cola.
The Chinese are very inventive with adding their touch to foods of different cultures, or adding the taste of other cultures to theirs. This recipe seems to accomplish both.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Makes 4 - 6 Servings
• 1 lb. of chicken wings
• 1 large chunk of ginger
• 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
• ¼ cup diced scallions, both green and white parts
• ¼ to ½ cup vegetable oil for frying
• 1 - 2 cups of Coca-Cola** SEE COOK'S NOTES**
• 1 Tablespoon of dark soy sauce
• ¼ teaspoon of salt
• ¼ teaspoon chile flakes
DIRECTIONS: Makes 4 - 6 Servings
1. Wash and clean the chicken wings. Place in a pot of water, bring to the boil to get rid of the blood.
2. Cut the raw ginger into slices, crush the garlic and dice the scallions
3. Pour cooking oil into a flat pan, wok or skillet. Wait for the pan to get hot then cook the ginger slices,
garlic and scallions.
4. Add the par boiled chicken wings, stir fry for 3 more minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Pour in the coca cola which should just cover the chicken wings. Then add soy sauce and salt, stir the pan.
Use high heat to bring the mixture to boil.
6. Switch the heat to medium / low and let it simmer until the cola is almost cooked off and a thick sauce
remains, which will glaze the chicken wings.
The cola flavor is quiet subtle so don’t be afraid to add more if you want a slightly more intense and
rich flavor. You can prepare these and leave them to marinate overnight to get a more intense flavor!
NOTE: ALTHOUGH NOT THE EXACT RECIPE SHOWN, THE VIDEO BELOW MIGHT BE OF HELP.
HOW TO MAKE COCA COLA® CHICKEN WINGS
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved