CHINESE CHICKEN AND PASTA SALAD
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6 − 8
• 1 lb. pasta (spaghetti, rotelle, med. shells, bow ties)
• 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
• 1/2 cup diced celery
• 1/2 cup jullienned carrots
• 1 can sliced waterchestnuts
• 1/2 cup scallions sliced
• 1 diced jalapeño pepper, seeds out (optional)
• 1 cup large peas or pea pods, blanched
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, barbecued & diced
• 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
• 2 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
1. Marinate the chicken breasts in teriyaki sauce for two hours and barbecue or grill. Let the breasts cool and then
2. Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. Rinse the pasta in cold water and drain.
3. Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl, add dressing and toss well.
4. Let stand in the refrigerator over-night and serve the next day.
INGREDIENTS - DRESSING:
• 1 cup canola oil or other light oil
• 2 Tbsp. Chinese sesame oil
• 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper [optional]
• Toss with the pasta salad.
For a crunch to your salad, add just before serving, 1 cup of crisp Chinese noodles.